Author Topic: SPINACH-Optimal Control Module-GRAPE-Example  (Read 750 times)

AmandeepSingh

• View Profile
SPINACH-Optimal Control Module-GRAPE-Example
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:04:44 AM »
I am a beginner in using GRAPE module available in SPINACH. It will be great help if someone can guide me about it's use with example. I am working on a four 19F coupled spin system. And I would like to use GRAPE optimization to implement gates e.g. Controlled Rotations. 

kuprov

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SPINACH-Optimal Control Module-GRAPE-Example
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 12:53:23 PM »
Plenty of examples in the optimal control exmple set. Is there anything particular missing that you are interested in?

AmandeepSingh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 10:12:54 AM »
Thank you Prof. Kuprov for the reply. I have a unitary matrix which I need to implement using NMR in an optimized manner. For example in current version of SPINACH, in example section, optimal_control, state_transfer_grape_hcf() function transfer the z-magnetization from proton to fluorine i.e. state changes from I_1z to I_3z. Correspond to this operation there is a unitary matrix. So while executing state_transfer_grape_hcf() the optimization is effectively reproducing the same unitary. And I am expecting that we can implement the optimization results to Bruker spectrometer (I am still trying to find the that how optimization results can be converted to a shape file to be used by spectrometer).
Now query is: Is it possible that I supply  the unitary and other system parameters (e.g. required by sys, inter ... etc) and SPINACH can give me the optimized shape pulse? Or alternatively, I have to specify the Initial state and Desired target state ( I mean there is no option for specifying unitary...!)?

Amandeep
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:15:08 AM by AmandeepSingh »

kuprov

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 08:57:35 AM »
sorry for the slow reply -- this has slipped between the cracks somehow. Yes, Spinach returns the optimal waveform. If you would like to run a gate optimisation, specify multiple initial states and multiple destination states as cell arrays.